Finding Peace and Joy Through COVID-19
Most of us are inside at this point (EVERYBODY : )!!) But let’s use this time with ourselves, with our families to cultivate a platform and foundation to take advantage of the time we’ve missed due to school, and work. I see this current situation as a blessing in disguise to truly get back to who we are.
- Create your own life timeline Write down all of your major goals that you feel you have achieved and want to achieve. In turn, write down the events in your life that have already happened and that have shaped or affected you.
- Distinguish your thoughts from the thoughts of others: Society has a very covert way of handing us the “misfits”, condemning the “losers”, idolizing the “beautiful”, alienating the “strange.” But here’s a heads up: These describing words have no basis. Find YOU, humble yourself, have patience
- Start relying on yourself: Nothing wrong with relying on the people around you but truly use this time to develop resiliency and confidence. A lot of people are consumed with fear, stress, depression. And most should, but this event can’t be YOUR end all be all. Like most events in history mankind not only adapts and evolves from it, but we become even better because of it.
- Start all over with a fresh prospective: When the veil is lifted, and we are able to go back out into our normal lives. Have a different respective. Stop smoking, stop eating, do some reading, meditate. FIND YOUR CENTER!!
- Organize your world: No better time then now. Being inside gives you the time to save on expenses, re-evaluate goals and even dive deeper into your passions. Also use this time to establish your connection with your family members. Help with educating your kids. Spend more time with your spouse. Go on family walks and enjoy the fresh air.
- Embrace Solitude: This may scare the pants out of some people. But I have never found more of a connection with God, then I have now. Though I work from home, the noise of the office, and all the craziness from the media (as I refuse to watch the news, haven’t really been a news watcher for a decade), I’ve learned to enjoy the peace. Listening to the birds chirping (sounds corny but dude it works!) And just cracking the window open in my office.
Use this time to be victorious!! What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31-39