May26, 2020 |
So, the madness that is releasing a novel has subsided and I’m finding myself getting back to some sort of normal with my life. Eleven days out and I’m still doing a lot of advertisement and tweaking my strategy as I move forward with everything.
The awesome part is seeing the huge support network and people highly interested in my novel. The fan art has been amazing to see, and I appreciate the artists for doing them, it’s been an awesome ride, and I’m sure it’s going to be the same for the rest of the releases as well.
- I’ve been working on the first round of edits with my editor for book 2 and hope to have them back to her soon. My goal is to release on July 31, 2020…and then I think about how book 1 got pushed out. Lessons learned but we will see.
- Cover reveal for book 2 coming soon!!! Excited for everyone to see, and the cover definitely gives a feel for where the story leaves off, and where things are heading. My editor loves, so I’m stoked.
- Working on some additional Works in Progress (WIPs) and also waiting for Joshua this coming September, I know Steph is for sure!!
What have I been up to since launch?
-Chilling and spending time with family for the most part. Isaiah had his 3rd birthday on one of the most detrimental holidays the country has next to the 4th of July, which is Memorial Day. Took him fishing for the first time, and he stuffed his face with blueberry cupcakes till there was no tomorrow. Of course, he was at 100 the entire rest of the evening, thank you Alyssa! But it was a blast and he had a great time.
Keep checking on the website and remember to check me out on twitter, Facebook, or Instagram reach out. I hope everyone is doing well, and you and your families are blessed by God the highest!
May11, 2020 |
Whatever you want to call it; a horrible sequel, relaunch, relaunch part 2 let’s just say this part of my writing journey has been both grueling, exciting, and overwhelming. As many of you may know the first launch didn’t go to plan, and I had to reformat not only the paper copy but the eBook as well. This took a few weeks and pushed back release big time. But alas, we are here!!
I can’t thank all of you enough who have stayed by, checked on the process, and looked into how everything has been going. God bless you, and may God keep you! A few fun facts that kept me sane:
- I’m not alone in the matter as this has happened to plenty of authors
- The support of all of you kept a smile on my face, and people asking when it will be released!!
- The delay helps line up the release of book 2 in close proximity (So keep a look out)
I would add that I’ve been drinking (I’ve been dry since COVID kicked off), actively knocking back protein shakes and shake-ology. And maybe I’ve ranted about this before but not having a gym sucks! Good ole Shaun-T has been keeping me toned and the stress levels down, for the most part anyway.
For those of you reading this feel free to check out my other blogs, add me on Facebook or twitter! XBOX Live if you dare (Grimace21)! May 15, 2020 is the big day. Titans: The Rise of Legends will be available for pre order hopefully by this evening or tomorrow (May 12th) but I’m at the whim of Amazon. Once I get word, I will let everyone know for sure!!
But to everyone who has been patiently waiting, thank you again for your support! Finally, we’ve come to the release of Book NUMBA one. Book 2 I’m making great strides and once I get it off to my editor, I will began working on book 3. Checkout the website, don’t forget to subscribe!!
AND DON’T FORGET TO WRITE A REVIEW ON AMAZON!! REVIEWS ARE GOLD TO INDIE AUTHORS!!
Apr20, 2020 |
April 24th is right around the corner, and launch week is a lot more overwhelming then expected…wish somebody would’ve warned me. I plan on reaching out to those of you on my mailing list come this Wednesday. I’ll also be hitting up my twitter peeps, and those of you on my Facebook page!! But WHOA!!! Working from home with a two-year-old bouncing off the walls, has been quite the experience to say the least! Not to mention (But I’m going to anyway):
- Preparing ads
- Sending out the first five chapters for those who requested
- Getting all publishing platforms in line (damn you apple!!)
- Setting up book reviews and working with bloggers
- Again, setting up book reviews (Book reviews are as good as tender for indie authors, a few lines and stars can boost momentum!! Not to mention hearing that someone likes your work is pretty satisfying.)
But at the end of it all by this coming Friday I will have released my first novel, so, i’m climbing to the summit. At the same time, I have a few deadlines to meet especially with book 2 Titans: Dark Catalyst (DC) that needs to get sent to my editor by the 11th of May, so everyday I’m either writing, going through my draft, or both.
Progress is being made, but there are some changes for the release date for DC. I plan on doing a cover reveal either at the end of May or early June but more to come on that!!! To tell you quite honestly DC’s cover looks ridiculous (I mean that in the best way possible) My cover designer PAGANUS at 99 designs is incredible and exceptionally talented! An absolute mind reader…seriously!!
The biggest conflicts are the delays, which really can’t be helped due to the current COVID19 environment forcing me to push a few things to the right. But the goal of RELEASE 6 is still insight!
Stephanie and I have been talking and we need a vacation. One of the big reasons is the fact that we are expecting our SECOND little one this coming September, so again…remarkably busy. But we are so blessed, and to God be the glory for where he has us, and for where he’s taking us!!
To those who review my rambling, I thank you for following me on this journey and deeply appreciate your support and feedback!! I hope everyone is staying safe, staying healthy, and staying inside!! God Bless you and God keep you!!
Apr13, 2020 |
It’s been with much anticipation and a lot of hard work, TONS of support, ad grit that I announce the release date of TITANS: THE RISE OF LEGENDS! This could not have been made real if it wasn’t for a lot of people involved! My Editing team, Beta readers, Cover designer, and just so much more!
As an independent author you are responsible for building you’re writing staff like a coach trying to build the next team of sports champions. And in my opinion, I feel I’ve done that, especially with all the networking and relationships made!! With that in mind….DRUM ROLLL PLEASE…….
APRIL 24, 2020
is the release date of TITANS: THE RISE OF LEGENDS, and the first installment in the TITANS series.
I’ve been working on multiple books and as you’ve known from my previous blog about 2020 goals, I’m aiming to release six novels this year, all wrapped around the Titans series and the lives of the characters within THIS universe.
Notice I said THIS? Oh yeah! So, I’ll be releasing books and many others in multiple phases that will be related to not only the Universe that incorporate Elric, Violet and the others, but many others that will span a massive multiverse concept.
This is touched upon with the incorporation of Ermak which is technically earth, but in another universe entirely that follows different physical rules and guidelines, including time. Some other Universes shatter the rules of what we consider reality, with changes in time and space all together. Exciting right?
I can’t help but write the stories and fall in love with the many characters that are clawing their way to get out of my skull, so I’m going to step into the dark abyss. I don’t know If my books will be a success or not. I leave that in the hands of God, the readers, you who read my blogs…which may not be many : ), and I pray…fans maybe?
I apologize for the many delays and gaps in time with blog postings, I’ve been doing so much writing and reading lately that it keeps me away from reaching out to all of you and checking in. I hope everyone is well, staying SAFE and HEATHY, and STAYINGATHOME! Many blessings to you and yours
Mar29, 2020 |
Most of us are inside at this point (EVERYBODY : )!!) But let’s use this time with ourselves, with our families to cultivate a platform and foundation to take advantage of the time we’ve missed due to school, and work. I see this current situation as a blessing in disguise to truly get back to who we are.
- Create your own life timeline Write down all of your major goals that you feel you have achieved and want to achieve. In turn, write down the events in your life that have already happened and that have shaped or affected you.
- Distinguish your thoughts from the thoughts of others: Society has a very covert way of handing us the “misfits”, condemning the “losers”, idolizing the “beautiful”, alienating the “strange.” But here’s a heads up: These describing words have no basis. Find YOU, humble yourself, have patience
- Start relying on yourself: Nothing wrong with relying on the people around you but truly use this time to develop resiliency and confidence. A lot of people are consumed with fear, stress, depression. And most should, but this event can’t be YOUR end all be all. Like most events in history mankind not only adapts and evolves from it, but we become even better because of it.
- Start all over with a fresh prospective: When the veil is lifted, and we are able to go back out into our normal lives. Have a different respective. Stop smoking, stop eating, do some reading, meditate. FIND YOUR CENTER!!
- Organize your world: No better time then now. Being inside gives you the time to save on expenses, re-evaluate goals and even dive deeper into your passions. Also use this time to establish your connection with your family members. Help with educating your kids. Spend more time with your spouse. Go on family walks and enjoy the fresh air.
- Embrace Solitude: This may scare the pants out of some people. But I have never found more of a connection with God, then I have now. Though I work from home, the noise of the office, and all the craziness from the media (as I refuse to watch the news, haven’t really been a news watcher for a decade), I’ve learned to enjoy the peace. Listening to the birds chirping (sounds corny but dude it works!) And just cracking the window open in my office.
Use this time to be victorious!! What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31-39
Feb29, 2020 |
Happy Saturday and many blessings everyone! I thought I’d discuss my goals for 2020 this week, as overwhelming and ridiculous as they may be!! So far I’m on track and things are looking great, but what’s helped make the journey to complete my goals…is strangely…not thinking about them?
So, what are my goals?
- Have a website created prior to launch of ROL (Rise of Legends) …If you’re reading this then you know…DONE!!
- Release ROL in April of 2020
- Have cover designs ready to go for all novels (3 done so far…4th in the works)
- Release 6 novels in 2020
- Work on my social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, tumblr, Instagram) I’m really struggling with Tumblr and Instagram…but gotta keep pushing.
So, what do I mean by ‘not thinking about them’? I mean I try not to think about my goals all at once (easier said than done). It happens regardless…They’ll clash together in an explosive cataclysmic event of fire, earthquakes, and chaos. Sometimes I’ll hit the gym and gain my discipline and focus back, other times I’ll take my frustration out in COD. For the majority though I flood my mind with motivational videos and scriptures to keep the flow and energy going!!
For the most part my passion for the process and truly enjoying every step of my writing journey keeps me starving for success. That, and the continuous plots and story’s that pop into my head that I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night (2am-3am…but hell, who’s keeping track of time?) to jot down in my cell phone. (Sorry Steph : ()!!) But I’m beyond excited, nervous, and humbled by every experience as I seek to hone my craft. Will I master it? Has Ash Ketchum caught them all?
At the end of the day I just seek to become better than I was yesterday. And hopefully produce stories that others enjoy and learn from.
Feb22, 2020 |
6am wake up? Check! Let Caesar out to do his doggy duties? Check! And rock, paper scissors with Stephanie to see who wakes up Izzy to get him ready for school. Mornings in the Lloyd house I would say are quite the sitcom, especially when you have a wife who HATES…and I mean Hates waking up in the morning, and a two year old—who sometimes wakes up at 530am and pounds on the door like he’s the police. This guy (Isaiah E. Lloyd) holds no bars and has on occasion frightened us half to death with his pounding on the door.
Side story: Before we moved, we used to leave his door cracked open, and our door partially closed. This changed QUICK. One night while obviously taken capture by rim sleep, this guy, bursts into our room, slamming our door nearly through the wall, with the only word grazing his lips. “HI…HI MOMMY!” Who does this? Side story over
So, after the hustle and bustle of work, and daycare A.K.A school with Izzy. On normal days daddy is the one picking him up. And we spend our evening Dad and son time listening to some motivational videos or scripture readings. Then we return to the humble abode we call the Lloyd house, where a scrumptious, delightful, and well-seasoned meal is waiting for the Lloyd men, thanks to mama Lloyd in all her culinary genius. (Will add her recipes soon if she allows!!). Now dinner at the Lloyds, is very laid back. If Stephanie and I are having a conversation, OBVIOUSLY Izzy’s involved in it. Because he knows everything about paying bills, car repairs, and getting the yard plowed. He becomes an expert when spiderman’s mentioned…because you guessed it, he IS spiderman. Where does this guy find the time right?
After dinner we spend family time watching one of the many streaming services we have acquired over the years—of which we need to decide on who’s getting the boot, and who’s making the cut. A few dirty diapers, and a protein shake later we put a cap on the day. Well if Izzy wants to go to bed anyways. Stephanie and I usually spend the evening reading (Or writing for me), as we have a competition on who can read the most books in a year. She’s crushing me unmercifully currently due to my writing schedule. But I’ll catch up.
Someday’s are more exciting then others in the Lloyd house, but all days are well blessed, filled with love, and humor on a grand scale. That’s it for now on, the life and times of the Lloyd’s.